Cisco Webex Meetings makes hosting an online meeting easy. You can schedule a meeting in advance or start one right away. You can sign-up a personal Webex account for free with the following features:
- Up to 100 participants in each meeting
- Meet as long as you want
- Call-in for audio
- Unlimited number of meetings
- Security features
Please visit the Webex official user guide for more detail, below are some information to help you start a Webex meeting.
Quick Start Guide
Schedule a meeting
Sign in to your Webex site and from the Modern View home page, select Schedule. Fill in the necessary meeting information and select Schedule.
Start a Meeting
At the scheduled meeting time, sign in to your Webex site. From the home page, under Upcoming Meetings, locate your meeting, and then select Start.
If you want to start an instant meeting, you can select Start a Meeting under your personal profile and start the meeting right away.
Before you join or start a meeting you can choose the settings you use for audio in the meeting.
1. Click the audio connection options in the Webex Meetings app.
2. Choose how you want to hear the audio in the meeting:
Use computer for audio—Use your computer with a headset or speakers. This is the default audio connection type. You can change your headset, speakers, and microphone.
If you want to join the meeting with your audio muted, click Mute my microphone. You’ll see when your microphone is muted. Click Unmute my microphone when you want to speak in the meeting.
Start Your Video
Before you join or start a meeting you can choose the settings you use for video in the meeting.
1. If you want to join the meeting with your video turned off, click Turn off my video. You’ll see when your video is turned off. Click Turn on my video when you want to show your video.
2. By default, your self-view video shows in mirror view. You can turn off mirror view if you want to see yourself in your self-view video the same way that other meeting participants see you.
If you’re happy with the audio and video settings that you chose for this meeting, you can save them for your next meeting.
To share content during a meeting, from the meeting control panel, select Share content.
Go to the Share menu for more sharing options.
Record a Meeting
If you want to record your meeting and share later. While in your event, select Recorder and Record to record right away. You and your participants see a red icon at the top right of your window when recording is in process. The recording includes audio, video, and presentation. You can only record meetings on your computer with a free personal account.
You can also customize your recording screen layout e.g. Content-only view (no participant video is recorded)
1. Sign in to your Webex site.
2. In Modern View, select Preferences from the left navigation bar, and then select the Recording tab.
3. Select one of the Recording view options.
4. Select Save.
Webex Meetings doesn’t support Breakout Session.