The fastest way to create videos for teaching is DIY production.
Approximate production time:
- 1 day to 3 weeks
- Prepare your PPT, or any teaching material that can be displayed on the computer screen.
- Microsoft Office 365 PowerPoint screen recording: This function can record the screen, audio and the mouse pointer in PowerPoint. You can save the recording as pptx file or export the screen-recording as a separate video file. HKU staff and students can download Microsoft Office 365 for free. Please update your office 365 if you do not have the recording function.
- Screencast-o-Matic: A free online screen capture tool (15 mins). This tool can help you capture all interaction on the computer screen.
- Explain Everything: Interactive whiteboard app can help you teach, present, sketchnote and create videos.
- Free Online Screen Recorder:
DIY video production example
Professor Brendan Weekes (Neurology and Neuroscience) have worked closely with the Faculty’s e-learning team to re-design the SHSC2031 Neurology and Neuroscience courses to ‘flip’ content and rethink classroom practices.
The e-Learning Team can provide:
- Video editing
- Video publishing
- Less is more – Tips for Making Teaching Videos by Professor Steve Walsh
- How to Make Videos for Teaching Purposes by Dr TAI, Chung Pui
- Facilitating Online Collaboration (Part 2) – A Toolkit for Remote Collaboration in Research and Teaching by Dr Peter Cobb