Overview of Perusall
Perusall is a social annotation platform that is integrated with Moodle. Perusall allows students and teachers to mark up documents, videos collaboratively. Instead of reading a document isolated, Perusall brings the social discussion to the text.
Students can then annotate the readings, ask questions, respond to each other’s questions, upvote questions and comments that worth more attention. Teachers can review the report generated by Perusall, which shows students’ engagement to ensure they are prepared for class.
Add Perusall to your Moodle Course
- Click the gear menu, and then click Turn editing on
2. Choose the topic block to which you would like to add your course Perusall resource. Click Add an activity or resource
3. Choose External Tool from the list of options
4. Create a relevant Activity Name for the Perusall activity, and choose Perusall from the Preconfigured Tool option. Save your changes.
Setting up your Perusall course
- Begin by clicking on your Perusall activity in Moodle.
3. Another window will open, and you will see instructions for setting up the course in Perusall.
4. You can upload PDFs, words and even videos to the Perusall library and create assignments.